Saturday, August 30, 2014

"Life is School and You Gotta Show Up!"

This is my shout out to all of the wonderful people I have had the privilege of working with over the past two decades - who choose TEACHING as their profession.  Not just TEACHING, but teaching at the high school level where it can be a struggle to stay ahead of change and a daily battle must be waged to stay positive, energetic and engaged.  Over the past week they have returned to their other "home" - back from their summer break - back from time spent with family and friends - time spent at educational conferences with peers - time spent rejuvenating their spirit. They come with posters and videos and a whole lot of HOPE!  


“Teaching is not a lost art, but the regard for it is a lost tradition.” ― Jacques Barzun

My sister and my husband were teachers - really excellent teachers who knew what they wanted to do from a very early age and loved being a part of the future.  And even though I have spent my years in the school system on the support side of things - I have always considered myself to be an EDUCATOR.  

Opportunities to TEACH are everywhere.  
                                      Teach through example.  Be kind
                                                                      Teach through petition.  Expect kindness.

My teachers (Yes, I often refer to them in that manner not just because I can be, in some regard, their "teacher", but because I consider them to be family!) have supported my artistic endeavors for many years and I take great pride in knowing that my artwork hangs above so many classroom doors - adding a bit of whimsy - showing a side of a teacher's personality that students may not know exists - or, at the very least, reminding them what their teacher's name is!!

So as we embark upon yet another journey of renewed HOPE a.k.a. a new school year in public education- here is a little gallery of FOAMFRIENDS for TEACHERS!!









Have a wonderful school year filled with exploration, creativity, learning, and (hopefully) a new FOAMFRIEND creation for your classroom!!



No comments:

Post a Comment